So, I have been pretty crap with my exercising, as in I haven’t been doing it. I’ve been too reliant on my partner to do it with me and remind me to do it, forgetting he needs his own time outside of me.
So I am branching out alone, sometimes I’ll do it with him which will be nice, but I’ve got to be more self-sustaining. So as of last night I’m going it alone.
My routine put together by my partner consists of:
- 2 sets of 5 obliques (laying down, crossing one leg over the other at a right angle and putting the opposite elbow to it, to right elbow to right knee)
- 2 sets of 10 curls (laying down, lifting body up with stomach)
- Cycling for two minutes (this isn’t actual cycling, you lay on your back and make the cycling movement in the air)
- Two sets of 10 side planks (you lay on your side with your legs out straight and lift the top leg up a bit, then down without the touching your ankles, so you have to hold it)
- Repeat once more and stop
I only do what my partner has set me to make sure I don’t over do myself and start manically exercising to loose as much weight as possible and start going backwards again. I might try using small weights to build up arm muscle as well…since i’m such a weed 🙂
The obliques and curls work my stomach, the plank works my legs (don’t feel comfortable with my thighs *que massive male groaning* lol) and the cycling does both. Because it’s been such a big obsession of mine (one I was doing nothing about, I just grumbled most evenings about my figure) my partner laid it out to me as I can either learn to love my body and see it as he does, exercise to get the body I want or go back to starving myself and undo all the past months work. I’m not ready to start tackling the mental side of my anorexia yet, and neither of us want me to go backwards, so I decided to stop being a lazy bum and work on it.
I want to go swimming with my friends at some point, so I want to tone up a bit for that, so I now have a target of getting toned ready for it.
I want a stomach like this:
As opposed to this:
I just want to be able to wear a bikini and not worry about my stomach (swim suits don’t fit me as I have a long body), or tie up my t-shirt in the summer when it’s warm and not be conscious, to be able to wear that little black dress and not worry. So there is my aim, and here begins the work.